Friday 10 August 2018

What's new in the world of the Rong?

Short answer, not too much. Found some pictures from a while back sorting out my memory cards. Been planning my trip for my month off. The current plan is head off the island and up to the north of the country for a month then come back in September.

There's been a few parties, lots of movie nights but even more rain. Work hasn't been too bad, a personal highlight this week was my 8 Americans I took round the other day. Favourite quote of the tour was...
"We took Amanda to Europe, Poland when she was younger because it's a great experience to go to europe. But now she's older we just hear from her how"normal children go on holiday to Disneyland..I went on holiday to Auschwitz". Also "have you ever heard of a Gap Year???" Jessica, I am STILL on my gap year (5 years later).

We always have some interesting characters at work. From crazy Irish guys with "hayfever" (big red eyes) to a terrified indian couple who carry the slow record. Groups of chinese who did the park in syncronised wetsuits becuase they didnt want to get wet and the list goes on. In high season this is a party island so you can only imagine and it's fair to say I meet a few. This week has been something else. At work we have two carabinas for safety and you move them around the park with you (one at a time so you always have one point of connection to the wire that will save your life) and sometimes we get people who ignorantly decide not to use them. This is my red button. ALL THE TIME people forget to use them etc (that's why I have a job)
idits at work
"Hey bro, please make sure you're using both of the carabinas :) "
"Naa, it's okay, I've done this before."
"Have you been to the park before then?"
"No."
"Okay then mate, I do this sometimes four times a day every day for the past four months this is my job, therefore my profession. That makes me a professional and you someone who I'm teaching so YOU listen to me"

-Girl looks me in the eyes 25m high in the air and says 'oops' before unclipping both of her carabinas and moving around the platform"
"If you fall, it's a good job there isn't a hospital on the island, because you wouldn't need one... you'd need a mourge"

-Aussie guy has unclipped so many times around the park we're on the last platform and he decides to just walk around with no clips despite having it drilled into him for the last 2 hours their importance-
"I don't care if you fall from this height and hurt yourself becuase you're being disrespectful to me. I care if you fall from this height becuase I lose my job. Stop being so rude and use the safety clips."


But a fun reminder of where I am and where I work was looking up a metre the other day and seeing a monkey then looking down and seeing a snake. Cambodia!




No comments:

Post a Comment