Thursday 2 August 2018

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm back under my rock again. This month has not been a good one for my electromagnetic field (aka my ability to break or lose anything of any value) I'm phoneless, watchless and cameraless. But hey- at least my tablet still works (kinda.)



Living the quiet island life this past month. I can count the amount of times I've been drunk on one hand (and the amount of times I fell asleep in the Runaways' toilet on one finger). Hitting low season in it's prime now, although I did manage to sell 7 tickets the other day bringing my monthly income back up to my average after seeing just over 100 people this month in the park.

We've still been getting monkey's daily, trying to steal things from my bag- shaking the tightropes- winding up the dog. The norm. Had 2 tree pythons in one day (bringing my Island total to 5 snakes in 4 months). My latest wildlife adventure though is one for the facepalm.

Soo I have a group of 8 people I'm guiding around the park. It's all going well, everyone is safe, everyone is having fun, nobody has told me to shut up or tried testing my patentice by taking their safety clips off. So far, so good. After about an hour of swinging, climbing, surfing through the jungle I look down at my feet and I see a scorpion. So, being the nature lover I am, decide not to kick it off the platform or kill it etc seeing that we're in the jungle (the scorpions home) so I leave him be. BUT I give the Kiwi guy who I'm going around the park a word of warning to watch his feet because he's wearing flip flops (or as they say in NZ...jandels) and there's a SCORPION walking around next to him...fastforward about 15 seconds and I next to me comes a scream and I know screams are never really good in the park (y'know it's my job to make sure nobody falls or is scared of falling and screaming and falling go hand-in-hand) and I'm like "WOAH dude, you okay?!" he's like "I'm fine, the scorpion just climbed on my foot"... buddy. you had one job.



The birthday boy celebrating the finishing of a bottle of 31 Gold Whiskey
Been trying to get a bit more creative recently with my cooking (fried veg and rice/ noodles can get a little tiring after this many months) so I've been experimenting with coconut milk, cumin, dodgy vegtable soups and even managed to make an oreo cake in secret for Nat's birthday. Such an exciting life these day now my liver is recovering.

Used up my last two days off for the months by finally using my advance certificate in SCUBA I got earlier in the year and doing a couple of dives. Visibility was about 8m but paying the staff rate for the dives I can't really complain and had a great time.

I'm getting itchy feet again now, but with my Visa until December and a few friends (hopefully) planing to visit Koh Rong at the end of the year I've just been told I'm allowed to have a month or so out so I can have a holiday for a little while and come back here for high season. August - mid September and they're keeping my job and room available so now I can start planning what to do with the time, see if Barry is going to join me and stock up on cat food whilst I'm away so Klang can get looked after. The adventure continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment