Monday 3 April 2017

What Happens At The Arpett Stays At The Arpett (untill it ends up on the blog)

Another week, another week of chaos.

The chalet has only had 16 in, rather than the normal 22, which means less work, more mountain/sleep/drinking time. Win win for everyone! Also Bar Mont Blanc turned 20 this week so to celebrate they put on band night 4 times this week (dreams really do come true) and a comedy night. So naturally, we had a week of next to 0 sleep and more adventures trekking slopes and mountains.

This weeks guests were a great laugh, and talking of laughs we went to comedy night at the blanc which isn't normally my thing (I hate stand up) but we all had a really good time and, being designated driver and totally sober, it was nice to see how drunk all the guests were. Heroes.

Wednesday meant another Arpett session, this one included drunk snowboarding and snowball fights,  being the first people on the tables and some more all round chaos and a cheeky hitchhike back.

Arpett Bandits 

Duncan being the tallest (for once)



Don't worry Nan, I'm behaving! 

Cage Crew

 At home, after having one-too-many sacko wines, I thought it would be a GREAT idea to trim my hair a bit, then a bit more, then a bit more, then have my hand slip and make a giant bald patch. By this point I had butchered my hair so bad that I had no choice but the just get rid of it, so in celebration for Easter I now look like an egg. Reaching my peak of physical unattractiveness with the (about) a stone I've put on munching on leftover cake, dodgy ginger hair, bald and a horrific google tan that I acquired on my snowboarding lesson the other day.

Dodgy do

Rule number 1 of band night; ALWAYS talk about band night. Sliding down the piste (again) and having too many 1080's and sambucca's and Wednesday night started. Duncan wasn't there so it was Louise's turn to get smushed into the ceiling (not once, not twice but about 4 times). We went to a bar called Mojo's too which was new for us (and it was awful) so it was another hike down the mountain back to our chalet. Luckily we found some other people who were doing a trail so tagged along. Same again on Thursday but this time a band called the Dominoes played and they played - until 3am to be exact- and the whole place was like a normal sweaty, shirtless mess but just x10 and being designated drier (again) it meant no hitchhiking for me but a few stories I can embarrass everybody else in the room with.


Overall, a fab week! It's a shame we're branching out and making loads of new mates now with just 2 weeks left. But, always next season!










Too much dancing on the tables, oops! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment