Thursday 26 April 2018

Am I Hungover Or Do I Just Have Malaria ? Another Post From Koh Rong.


Since my last writing a lot has changed... Like the day of the week. And my bedbug scare. And that right now I have a worm living intimately in my upper right thigh.
Aside from the usual having it in trees by day, laying by the beach by day off* not a crazy amount of updates which is strange cause it's a crazy life

*by night, well who knows what happens after ten Klangs.


This week:

-We said goodbye to Sverta and Igor as they had back to Russia and of course we have them a worthy send off. But now they're gone I can also say goodbye to my floor matress as I steal their bedframe for my room and hello to the pair of crocs they left behind.

-Big Gay Will returned to the island and he came baring gifts in the form of Barry- slightly more beaten than the last time I saw him little over three weeks ago but working all the same.

-A massive High Point Piss Up whilst the boss was away which saw Ring Of Fire, a number of items being catapulted over the balcony and the invention of the Chuck Tally, our own private beach rave with Nat's legendary dancing.

-A few ticket sales, tips and customers round the park. Making more money here than I expected! Got $80USD the other day- Klangs on me!

Me and Nat decided to climb to the tallest tree in the park (about 30m high) and pitch up some hammocks and sleep. No monkeys and more importantly no mosquitos and the photos really don't give the sunrise justice. And a note to self: don't camp 30m up in the trees if you've just taken laxatives. In the morning you'll have to sprint the course and well... Get creative with leaves

Side notes:
The Prime Minister came to visit the island, hide the happy cookies!

And did you know they have illnesses (and underskin living worms) that "don't exist" by western medical standards so can only be heeled in Asia???




Here's a few solid quotes from this week:
"On a scale of 1 - Trying-To-Open-A-Coconut-With-A-Machete-In-Reception-At 9.30am, how drunk are you?"
(this actually happened)

"Hey! I met you the other night you're the girl who was getting everyone to crowd surf at the party!"

And a conversation:
(having previously met the gentlemen earlier in the evening but obviously I'm not that memorable)
"Salisbury"
"what??? Why did you say Salisbury???"
"that's what my name is"
"no way! I'm from Sailsbury"
"it's where I was conceived. That's why my brother is called Carry. Short from Caravan in Cornwall"
"I bet they knew about the patch behind Tesco"

Backpackers will believe anything.

The longer I stay on this island the less I ever want to leave





No comments:

Post a Comment